Monday, August 15, 2016

Live and Let Live

(Posting this quickly before school. It was supposed to auto-post yesterday [i barely had computer access on Sunday] but it didn't, so I have to do it manually. maybe this isn't how auto-post works. :/)
 :)
Heya folks! This is the August/September horse art post. I'll update this around every week, so feel free to check back!
You can find all the June/July horse art here: http://lifehad2manyfeels.blogspot.com/2016/06/courage-beats-fear.html
I'll probably be working mostly on my comic, so please do check that every once in a while too. :)
younger Arawn sketch

Somehow it turned to older Arawn. I think this is inspired by the story of Cain and Able where Arawn becomes like Cain and kills his brother and then regrets it. or something. idk, i made a heck lot of possible endings for the epilogue, but none of them are canon. there is one where Arawn destroys the Ashk and then reigns forever. and there's one where Alia and Reagan and their army plan a mutiny and she kills Arawn and she takes over. idk, it's crazy really. xD And then there is this theory that Dion shuffled around in Arawn's head and made him that way. ah. wayyy too many assumptions, but in the end, what happens after/before the epilogue is up to the wonderful readers. ;-;

I'm thinking of tweaking Sputnik's design a little bit. idk his mane style is bothering me a little. for a broody character, shouldn't he be more less groomed? like, with a long mane. or maybe his wife nags him to keep tidy. idk. xD 
but i think it should be at least a little taller...
i don't like how this turned out.

boop helm.
mane down. gah. i'm so torn over those mane styles. ;-; i don't knowww i was thinking of putting his mane down in the reboot but i love the zebra-mane too. 
so hard.
but maybe when it rains it goes down so maybe i can have both? xD like in the comic draft.
oh hello sputty
drawing sputnik in random poses is the best thing ever.

WHAT is this sin i keep drawing
nooo 
i've been mentally shipping them so hard lately. ugh.
tsk tsk. alia. what will sputty ever say?
so wrong. xD
ok, forbidden love. muahaha.
from one side because helm says nonononono.
i feel like a stupid head.
*throws more trash*
this didn't happen. nope nope nope.
red guards don't do that. they're duty-driven like their captain
or...
okay. 
maybe i shouldn't have done this.
all i do is ruin helm's day. sorry hunny.
but this obviously doesn't happen, it's the only way to surprise and make helm uncomfortable. and drawing him with that expression is fun.
because it's a bit out of character

everything gets uglier when i color it, so i'm saving this lineart.

volke the highway robber and trouble dealer and smuggler. all the dirty jobs.
and if you get stuck god forbid, he'll abandon you. 
evil enough.

Volkey polky and his sidekick, Hayla. she's not at all impressed tbh. 
and i think of Volke having a Russian accent, and Hayla an Egyptian one. xD
oh and there's also this heavy draft character who would have a French accent (i remember there was this white french draft breed that starts with b, but i can't remember what it's called for the life of me. but he's that.) 
walla! (i'm being so stereotypical with the mustache. but oh well. xD)

yeah, thanks volke. 

Pansymist. and i'm sure i got some markings wrong and well, maybe everything. i drew this back in july but i colored it today so. eh

I promised i'd make it up to him for the top ones.
good ol unflattered helm.
finally a canon couple. they're not proud.
and also, I decided Alia's mom's name should be Alya. They sound the same, but with different spelling. because it was too confusing otherwise. xD 
sputty was sad that he 'lost' his wifey, so he named his daughter after her. or something like that anyway.
and i also thought of something...
if alia is indeed shipped with helm, it'd be like her parents. they'de have father-in-law troubles. bwahaha.
i'm not doing it. even though it HAS the theme of history repeats itself.


Art trade with Stormy on dA. i'm so stinking late. :/
I kinda like how these turned out though.

a fiery lady with pierced ears.



Older Arawn again. he's so darn fun.
i miss these two. one minute titan and tottleva sketch.
what is h2o plz tell me (xD baby horses are so cute around water and rain.)
I sketched this after school in like two minutes. It was just so stressful and I was tired of homework (stayed up till ten doing hw the day before, soo) ;-;
sahail is me on the weekdays and arawn is... idk, he's just arawn.
helm: hmph hmph what is going on what--
ladies: for the ceremony man, for the ceremony
helm: ah ok.
decorate him, ladies.

young Sputty

old sputty. he actually died after the epilogue cut off, but just in case he didn't. he was sick.
actually, new mane style for him is all. 
i think he looks cooler like that. 
long mane sputty 
ehehe
so choppy tbh. i can't even animate hair without chopping it.
the rival captains.
one day i'll learn how to animate hair. let alone anything that's not hair. ._.
Why do carnival horses always look like they're dying in pain?
It's the pole in their middle, isn't it?
carnival horses always haunted me as a kid because of their horrid faces. They're still a wee bit scary...



I wasn't sure which version I liked! and I should really try to find a new color scheme for my drawings. xD

wet helm helm helmmmmy. needed an excuse to draw the mane down
1 minute helm sketches i did on thursday i think?

I drew this a while agooo and I lost it in my messed up files but oh well


Alia from the SotS character sheets I did some time ago

Lenore from the sheets

odin (i think i'm going to find a better role for him to play... hmm)

my powerful roman-nosed smarti. i probably drew at least 100 helms so far.
baby




Sputty!! Noo! D: 
2 minute helm sketch


Drawing for Pinto. C:
Go get 'em, Sputnik!

Sad Helm. I've been listening to too much Indila maybe maybe not.

ok fine, I have.
Alia is so out of character, but I don't care, i ship them. ugh.
and now i'm considering actually implying the ship in the comic. man oh man am I ruining the story. xD
they dancing.

hehehee >8)
i like how this turned out. 


I hear ya buddy, I hear ya.
19 year old arawn. so old. xD
honestly he probably died at 13 or 15 I think. idk. he died young. ;-; maybe

dion is such an adorable dude and i wish i had a horse like him who had sideburns. that'd be cool.
also, i'm tweaking the plot a litttttlllleee bit. ;)
i love him a lot.


I made these for a re-make of the prologue page. you can check it out if ya want.
thanos & dion

For Kenza! She has an idea for a horse!Rapunzel, and I really really liked it so, here you go buddy! :'D it was so fun. i hope it's how you imagined it though! <3

I'm so proud of this. ;-; and the freckles. <3 kenza you have awesome design ideas! need to hear more ;-;
my mom told me they were gonna kill mustangs in the west of the US. eh. need room for their cattle, huh? well I get it, but still, it's sad. :/ such beautiful animals...
That sucks, man.



basically most russian songs are depressing. :c (this and the lyrics up in the mustang drawing are from the same song. ;-;)

helmy helm sketch again

(can't help but think it looks cross-eyed. xD umm does it?) thanos from a comic page i made.

the Indian pony from Spirit! I don't think he gets much notice, but he's a really cool character! (even if he comes on screen for like a few minutes for the whole movie xD)

lol. ok so yesterday my horse swished her tail and filled me with pee. xD i mean, nothing a bath and fresh clothes can't fit, but some went in my eye too and it was crazy. it's probably what i get for taking pride in her long tail. eeeuugggh
anyways 30 sec sketch of a mad mare
contrary to what other characters may think, he actually does have a heart. a big one. 
alyaxsputty is my fav canon ship.

well he used to have a big heart, at least.

IAMSOPROUDOFTHIS
comic panel dion

                                          TAKE IT EASY BUDDY GEEZ
                                               oh ok that explains things.
i'm on dion's side, just for the sideburns. long horsiebeards are blah, sorry thanos.
doublehead symbolism inspired by literature class. kinda reminds of Jupis too.
and i just realized, wow, if anyone reads this post then reads the comic, they'll already know everything because this is spoiler ville. xD but who cares, it's not like it's published or anything, it's not even important.
helm is so darn sick of this.






drawing for Rolfie v 1 & 2 C:








No comments:

Post a Comment