Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Provance

Feb-March art post
young sputty. lol i think he looks fat here but whatever
messy messy so messy. 
i wanted this to be cool, like sputty screaming at the top of his lungs and lowering his head (and becoming super bony meanwhile, because curse ;-; ) and then finally letting darkness take over.
i think this actually happens in the story, but its a spoiler.
ye. maybe someday.

                                                                          an AT :)
i just like her mane style tbh

i love helm. hes just so loyal and respectful, he even put his face on the floor unlike bess. but then, she's a draft and they're kinda big. idk, you can interpret it either way i guess. xD
btw, i used every ref possible for these two, because bow how.
i messed up on the legs though haha



too ugly


irrelevant you amazed draft fish face

don't even look at these background horses, too ugly and i spent zero time on them.
eh idk i spent more time on this. 
sputnik is sick. the eye change kinda gives away part of his identity as I revised it, but ye. >:)
character ain't mine. commission leftovers

SAY WHAT i dont know geez im blind.

the three dudes from my super old comic let's see if i still remember their names.
from left to right: bandit, amir and vulture.

i love sputty
"I have fought, and lost."
spoiler whoops. ._.

giving life ugly sketch
what they look like dinosaurs
young helm (?) sketch. 



welp an ugly sketch for valentines i guess. xD and haha sputs is like 4 inches shorter than the lady. she's also the "dominant" one and it all makes more sense in the comic ;-;
and dont worry about him, he's happy, he just can't show it xD



now guess who came up with this idea. (ps: not me, definitely. x''D)
Kenza's a genius. lol. perfect

the dion king.

:(
what??! what do you mean he broke his leg?!?
i think these are arawn and lenore? xD idk. sahail probably sparked a false alarm to see the look on their faces though lol

i need to work on my backgrounds bro.

void redesign concept

i luv you boy.

older arawn

younger arawn 

i like how people think horses aren't flexible because they're big, but then there's itching the legs. ha.
ok, good helm.

alia

sots concept stuff. 

line-up of pretty ponies. 

ugly bg ugh

im sorry my man. </3
                                             arawn and ? from revised epilogue sneak peek
i don't know how to draw anymore hold on








 i like how this turned out i guess
i used no ref for this, so i'm sure there's something wrong, i just can't find it xD
my dad thought sputty was a dog.
princess lenore, survivor and last remaining member of the ashk herd. epilogue concept ;-;
found a nice pallete for the bg ;-; weee i kinda like this i guess, but not that much.

 i'm sure he's gonna trip like that 'cause that's not even a real movement lol
well whatever, he'll trip.
sulky arawn from comic panel


9 year old sahail

young sputnik. used a ref to brush on anatomy skills and stuff




sad daughter

sput because i need to fix his front look









lookit this, I found this old Baasits page thing and i redrew it, not very seriously.
ye, you believe, but you don't really believe, cause your words just crumbled in on you titan 
poor dude.
i think my favorite part about that old dumb story is that titan was the antagonist and everybody thought he was good cause he was the main character when in reality he was a robot gone rouge and took over the entire body (so no sharing of half living half machine, it's all machine because messed up brain dude) and the real titan (other half) wanted to get his half back (aka get the main character back) and be complete, and everybody'd think he's the bad guy. :( but in the end, titan really was good cause the machine became good, and the "real" titan was bad, cause real people bad dude.
idk whatever
i'm getting worse at drawing well

"Pretty Void!"
aww

inspired by Uni's drawing of Arawn! ;-;

</3 most hurt character on this show :(


sput and helm sketches

hmm

                         rain is a blessing, and dion loves. Even though wet horses irl stink ugh
I totally suck because I made a headcanon of my own story (idk if it's even a headcanon i mean i'm the one who made sots anyway lol) like 100s of years after arawn's death there'd be this cool kick-butt warrior who can shift into void form at will and she's a pirate or smth. i think its cool.
she's also roman nosed. <3
alia chewing someone out, probably helm.




I need to draw her more often, i can't seem to get her right

some day, once.
electricity the dumb




end of this post. 


6 comments:

  1. Hey Nat... I'm not in the US right now, but I've been working on a little portrait of Arwan, just so you know ;3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosssshhhh ;-; thank you so so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay this time I have a chance to write a better comment than before (somewhat)... I might not get to comment on everything but trust me I love every single one of these pictures (and I've looked through the post properly already)! ;-;

    Anyway, Sputty caught me in the first one because it's his younger self omigosh! He looks super cool. ;-; (and not fat at all what r u talking about >8() I love his mane! So his younger self has a different style mane then right? xD /// You have so much skill with animating idek anymore. ;-; Even though it's rough, it's clear what you're trying to animate here! (ouuhhh it's canon!) Haha just wondering will you be making a final version of this animation? (I'm sure it'd look really awesome!) /// Wait who's Bess am I missing something? ;-; Anyway I love these poses!! ye helm put his face on the floor. 8) /// Aww Arawn looks so cute there with those adorable eyes! Is that his younger self? xD /// no shush bess ain't ugly ok /// dang Helm looks so handsome there look at that mane *-* /// Ahh those background horses are super cool!! I'm guessing the bg characters are pretty tiring to make haha... I mean, every time I read comics I look at them and just think aw man if I draw comic one day and have to go through that process what characters am I going to have to make up? ;-; You've done a really good job - they have unique designs and look real too! <3 /// Commissions must be pretty tough to do all the time right? (I mean, I've considered opening them before but eep I'm too slow ;-;) Anyway, I love how the jumping pose matches the flow of the green cape, the effect is so beautiful! C: /// (*secretly loves it when you draw your old chars lol*) /// Whoaa Sputnik looks amazing there *cries* ;-; His mane looks so flowy and cool man. (*cough* his expression is so harr too *cough*) Wow when will I ever get round to practising horses so I can draw him for you! 8) (ye i love him too) /// Omigosh, is that Alia my girl? She looks so gorgeous! I love the contrast of black against that reddish sunset and the implication of where the light is coming from! ;-; Also I hope you don't mind me saying again that her curls are so irresistible. *-* <3 Very emotional scene whoa... /// ayy them dinosaurs... wait... DIONsaurs. BAHAHA back at it again with them puns wooo!! 8DD dion is a meme /// Ooh young!Helm that's it I'm done! ;-; He looks so handsome as always~ Okay but the variation in his mane is also really cool. And your backgrounds are always so pretty, like... teach me sensei! The mix of blue with browns and greens make a really beautiful aesthetic! /// ship!! *sob* They're so cute together aahhh!! C': Haha Sputnik looks sulky on the outside but he's probably just hiding himself awww. 8) <3 #1 major ship u_u /// Okay as I mentioned before, yes, I looked through this post first before commenting and heck you do not know how hard I laughed. I was literally crying. IN real. tHIS IS HILARIOUS I CAN'T EVEN!! xDDD I love this so much I really cannot tell you how much. LOL!! Actually I saved it in my files ahaha x'dd gosh. why did you do this omg? x'DD Super hilarious, you never fail to make me crack up. meme king confirmed. Hahaha anyway jokes aside, this poster actually looks really pretty! Dion looks really powerful as a silhouette against that sunset... it really does look very The Lion King-ish! (or should I say The DION King-ish lol) I'd legit watch this man. In cinemas. why thank you for making my day! B) ... the dion king. Still can't get over this hahaha (I wish this was a print, then I could buy it too lol) /// I'm Sahail, I'd totally do that. (jk omg cruelty to Arawn and Lenore >8() pssh Sahail the prankster I love him. <3 And their faces are gold! xD ///

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. uper innocent! xD love <3 /// Haha you did not just draw Helm itching his leg too. x'D flexible!helm is best helm u_u (also I'm currently wondering how you managed to illustrate this... um, concept... very well C:) /// This looks so realistic and in-depth! (and also it's alia and I love her ;-;) Which kind of refs did you use/did you use a ref at all? (why am I always interested in refs hm) /// Look hon, let me tell you something... tHIS IS NOT UGLY! And why are you apologising? >8( Please shoo away those inferior comments because this is simply phenomenal! You've drawn Sputnik's sitting pose really well, it looks like a real scene! Also I love that gold tint on him, it looks so romanticising. ;-; And the bg? What can I even say? The colours man. And the trees. And most importantly the fact that the depth of the picture where it disappears into the distance has that same charming ring to it that you get when you draw a good picture. u_u Not to mention, I love the rays of light shifting through the trees onto Sputty, it looks so tranquil. ;-; /// okay so it says picture 40 of 99 and I have to comment on this because Arawn there really caught my eye. He has that same incredible stoic/determined look you always give him only here there's just something about his expression that I really like? ;-; he's facing "?"... very original much wow. (jk haha but it'd be funny if that guy really were called "?") /// Arawn there with that pretty background (picture 46) looks amazing! (Is that a forest there btw? It looks really cool!) I love his expression change too - in the first he looks innocent but then it's like he's about to show his true colours. xD /// Omigosh Helm! Why do I get the feeling he's staring at an eagle in the wild west lol. Augh why is he so handsome? T_T /// This looks super sinister and Halloween-ish... I love it! >8) (except i hope sputty is ok) How did you not use a ref for this? I'd say it's spot on! (I'm guessing you already tried mirroring the image right? But quite frankly I don't see anything wrong with it. <:)) Also what is that super scary, awesome bg there? /// (you know, before you mentioned that, I assumed he was just sprinting... maybe if you froze time that's what you'd see anyway? ;-;) Okay heck I don't even know what to say because this is just fantastic beyong words. Arawn looks like he's in a platform side-scroller game, it's amazing! (Actually that beautiful glow there reminds me of this game, Ori and the Blind Forest my brother made me play that has a spectacular layout and great art, I don't know if you've ever heard of it. xD) I love the night theme mixed with Arawn's fast galloping! And you're making so much progress in skill with backgrounds gosh... I mean, those textures, they're gorgeous! ;-; /// Ahhh in #58, the swirling motions in the bg make it look so emotional! Pardon my bad knowledge but I'm not sure who this character is? ;-; You've nailed it with those digital blending skills! /// Oh my 9-year-old Sahail is such a cinnamon roll! I love his adorable expression there! /// omigosshh young!sputnik too bless!! He looks so free! ;-; i love him <3 /// sputty's front look rules u_u honestly I want to pat his mane ;-; ///

      Delete
    2. #sahailappreciation!! I love him and his cute expressions and adorable white-chocolate coat! ;-; And them ribbons/braids of course, they're dazzling. C': /// I really like Arawn's expressions there! (#69) It's almost as if he's stopped in his tracks and is listening to someone and then replies back haha. xD Love his pose!! /// wait whoa is that titan?? He looks amazing!! I love it when you draw all of your OCs ;-; /// you beliiiiiiieeeeevvve!! haha omg I'm laughing girl y tho?? x'DDD Ahh I remember reading your old comic Baasits though, but I remember really liking it! ;-; Anyway how many years ago did you draw up those panels? :) Just saying, I love it when artists re-draw what they've done from years/months ago (like you've done here), the improvement process is super interesting! C: poor titan though omg. <3 /// "<33 I'm especially attached to that one of her cantering away and the way her curls fly with her motion, it looks so formidable! <3 /// and oh my goodness, that one of Sputnik and Alia there is absolutely awesome man. Like, the perspective is so extra? It feels like one of those really emotional scenes in a movie where the music lifts/drops or something. ;-; I'm not sure if you meant this, but it's really effective how Alia is ont the blue/darker side of the forest while Sputnik is on the red/warmer side. And the brush effect looks like blossom I love it! (practising backgrounds really pays off then haha C:>) /// Omg Electricity! It's super awesome when you draw him! ;-; ///

      Okay I'm super super sorry I couldn't comment on everything! But let me tell ya, they're all simply amazing and honestly I don't have a favourite because these drawings are all just too good to choose from. ;-; Also I love it when you draw the characters from your comic! (It really inspires me to draw my own but ahh I never get enough art done for a post dedicated to them... maybe someday! xD)

      Delete
    3. oh heck I promised I'd shorten my comments and actually make them more interesting but this is still really tall and overly chatty. ;-;

      Delete