Monday, December 12, 2016

Between Russiansoldierhorses and Smart Cops

 I've been preparing this from like, September.  >8)
This is a post dedicated to... Bru (ITS HER BIRTHDAY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRU!!)! :D
and some of this post is for Rolfie too, because it's a good occasion for fanart. Their characters are so cool and awesome and they're both such amazing people and they're my role models. and just like, the elder sisters I never had, and they mean so much to me. ;-; and also i can never draw enough of their cuties, there's that too. so ok, here we go:
Bogatyr headshot sketch

super super super choppy Bogatyr animation. I wanted it to look like those times when you accidentally startle a horse and they snap at you ;-;
*sprinkles more of this handsome russian steed* 8) 
i messed up here.
Mitternacht! :D he's so cute. I had so much fun drawing him, his markings are so cool! And although Bru doesn't draw him much (whhy) he seems like such an adorable energetic character! 
Springer! I hadn't drawn him in agess and he's just stinking adorable. ;-; Also, I imagine him to be this collected logical character (kinda like the brains? idk Bru never specified either. ;-;)
but ye all Bru's characters are super gorgeous hands down! 
ok and i cant resist pink on horse nosies. so cute. 8)

Oh yeah, I'm using refs for these poses because I can only seem to generate one pose from my head nowadays haha
it... it makes for variety. ;-;
and ye, that's Bru's supercool Russian dude again
<3
Trotter B-) if you're wondering by now, ye, i planned to draw Mr. Wayne's entire cast, and a little extra Bogatyr, because he's Russian.
8) whispers: not close to what you actually deserve, Mr. Wayne!!
ok but the leg here is really bothering me >:( uugh
Bru's champ, Lunar Eclipse! 
she's so pretty, man. real winner.
Wind Racer (I probably got some markings wrong ._.)
I love Native American ponies. <3

v1 and 2 these make me cringe tbh. so they're just scrap. It was supposed to be Bogatyr cantering on the beach in wintertime i think

I'm so bad at rump poses I swear.
scrapped bogatyr sketch

Okay, this is the actual present, but I still don't really like it. ._. Sorry for the terrible quality stuff Bru.



                                        Austin and the Blizzard™ vs. Nujar and Dunkin' Donuts
          austin doesn't need anything to eat it, so he uses his hands becuz he's too cool for the rules.
so cliche for a cop. and i messed up on his hair. but no seriously, one day i passed by a dunkin donuts shop and the parking lot was 95% all cop cars. no kidding. it was like they were holding a party in there, it was so funny.
oh gosh I messed up on this.
ok 
well. This was supposed to be Bruney's Nujar, who's an adorable, troublemaking cop. I like him a lot, I wanted to draw more but I ran out of timmeee ;-; 
corrupt cop is cool man. 8) ok, i really really like em.

i used a ref for this, so that's why it looks ok in terms of anatomy. it's supposed to be Austin at the pier (i remember there was this scene where nick fell into the water after commenting on austin's smoking. xD it's based on that.)
yeah, ok austin sure.
Rolfie's cute medieval dudes
i messed up
besides that, i love how Sir Gaucher's design is so dad-like and strong. no like, you can tell he's a dad. so cool.
meanwhile, Kaherdin is just a cute little mage with an adorable coat.




dang. how could i forget austin's cigarette? >:( UGH.
pretend it's there, please.
ok, this was rolfie's idea obviously, because it's really good and funny, so credit goes to her for that! 8') cuties.
Rolf's Rolf. xD I messed up so bad on this tho.
So I won't misplace it ;-;

Both Rolf and Bru always draw too much stuff, so now it's my turn, thought I didn't do anyone justice or draw enough, although I really wanted to. 

All characters belong to Bruneydog and RolfWolf. Except for Darvan, but if you come here, you should know that already. xD

So yeah, hope you had a super awesome day, Bru! :D And again, thanks so much for being so awesome, having beautiful art (music!!), characters, and writing! And for your friendship and everything, it all means so much, and you're such a wonderful person, it's really an honor! Happy birthday!! <3

EDIT: I'm going to put some more stuff here for Rolf & Bru because they're too nice they gave me Core on dA. ;-; I'll mark it when I'm done, but right now this post is still a WIP!
I messed up so bad on this like, Feedric doesn't look like Feedric at ALL and Austin is so ugly. ._. ugh
i cant draw humans i'm sorry, I'm messing up your characters guys.
this doesnt look like austin at all man :/ sighs



5 comments:

  1. yes hello i'm back again howdy 8)

    Oh my gosh I'm so late commenting on all your posts ahh I'm so sorry!! >.<

    Ahh this is such a fun post!! :D I love seeing your art of varying OCs, be it yours or others, so this is super cool! <3
    I'd like to start of by saying I love these OCs so much, they're so innovative! Kudos to Bruneydog and Rolfwolf! ^^ <3 and of course you Hana, your artwork is amazing as always and I'm so jealous! ;-; <3

    I think I'll number each one as I go along because that might be an easier way of commenting haha. xD

    1) I love the expression in this one - it's so serious and mysterious at the same time! (Ahh, why do you always nail it on expressions! xD)
    2) Goodness... Honestly, I envy your animation skills Hana, teach me senpai!! ;-; You can really tell what's going on here, the way Bogatyr's expression starts off normal and changes abruptly! I also really like how you always know what you're doing when you're animating horses (because if it were me, you'd never understand what would be happening ahaha~ xD).
    3) This one is so gorgeous! *-* Please no, you didn't mess up here at all my friend! >8( I love the stance!!
    4) Ahh you're right, Mitternacht has such beautiful markings! Super cool!! :D His pose looks so lively, it echoes what you described there! <3 Gosh I always love how you draw manes - I envy your skill there Hana!! xD
    5) Oh my I love the pose in this one! *-* So graceful! I love the expression too, the subtleness of it implies that Springer is attentive towards something... It's so realistic! C: Haha you're right about the pink omg! xD
    6) (Psshhh girl you have no idea how bad I am at coming up with poses, you're amazing at it so shush! u.u) Bogatyr's pose is top-notch here! Ahh what kinds of references do you use btw? C: You're so good at adding expression to your drawings, how do you do it? ;-; This is so good!!
    7) (*freezes* omigosssshhh! is that what you meant in one/two of your previous posts? Wait I need to go back and read what I wrote before LOL. x'D Ahh *facepalm* I think I misunderstood something! haha anyway~ ^^") This is so gorgeous! I love your choice of pose this time, it looks so lively! (And the anatomy is spot on as always! ;-;)
    8) Beautiful line of action in the pose here, I applaud you!! *-* She sounds like a formidable character, I'd love to know more about her! :D
    9) Oh my gosh I love this one SO much! Must be one of my favourites! <3 Wow those markings are gorgeous! :D Hanaaaa goodness you've drawn the pose so beautifully once again, it's such a spirited stance!! (Okay you really must tell me where you draw up ideas for your poses. ;-;) Gorgeous work!! Gosh yes you're absolutely right, Native American ponies are the best! 8D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 10/11/12) "scrap" are you kidding me? This is simply phenomenal! Absolutely one of my favourites from here! :'D (Which is saying something because they're all so wonderful and so hard to choose a favourite from ;-;) Ahh where do I start? The first thing that struck me was the beautiful night aesthetic here, it's really nostalgic! And the way the moon is shifting between the grey clouds really adds to that... Not to mention the colour choice, which also really focuses on the scene you're setting and blends in so well! ;-; Also I really like how you add in those extra details, like the breath escaping from Bogatyr which really emphasises the cold atmosphere magnificently! And I'm going to further add to this because I really like the overall mood of this, including Bogatyr's expression... it's both peaceful and isolated if you know what I mean? <:) (Okay that's it you're too talented and I'm jealous. ;-;) Augh, the snow is such a gorgeous addition btw, it really makes me long for one of those nights. xD And please don't you dare say you're bad at rump poses or poses in general again or I will personally come to your house and... and... eat your garden seeds like Electricity did >8( (omg jk lol)
      13) Hnng how could you scrap that? ;-; You nailed it on the pose! Surely you could finish it? <:D Wahhh I'd never scrap something as excellent as that! ;-;" (Because I can't draw horses for the life of me sadly hhhhh xD) Okay but I just want to say the perspective is perfect here? Yes thank u. :') (From how good you've started off I bet it'd look amazing if you did finish it! <3)

      okay break here bc I meant to comment all of this earlier but somehow didn't get round it... (e x a m s ;-;)

      Delete
    2. 14) Okay yes I'm back and my oh my this art piece is stinking gorgeous! O.O The lights against the dark, sinister atmosphere add a beautiful contrast and the feel of it is so eerie and fantastic! :'D Maaan I don't know a lot about Bogatyr (although I wish I did!) but your art makes me want to know more about him! Another point I love about this piece is the accuracy with the shading and lighting. You're so true to your art Hana! <3 Finally yes don't you dare say it's terrible quality stuff because heck I could never manage this I promise you and I'm so jealous. ;-;
      15/16) I'm laughing!! x'D Haha okay that's pretty funny omg 8D Ahhh I don't even know what Dunkin' Donuts is! 95% all cop cars? LOL tell me about it!
      17) Boy I wish I could come up with so many fantastic poses like you do. ;-; I love thiss!! <3 Haha you can tell just by the mischievous expression there! xD (Okay and apparently you can always draw uniforms so perfect and classy.. is there even anything you're not good at? ;-;)
      18) (Don't tell me you manage to create amazing sketches and drawings without even having to use references? o.o") This is so classy, I love it! (I'd love to read that. xD) Auuugghh give me your anatomy powers, I really need them!! What's your secret to drawing anatomy so well? >8(
      19) Wooo medieval! There's such a wide range of inspiring characters here! :D Nah you didn't mess up at all girl, I love this style so mucchh!! (oh gosh I love those dad-like characters too xD)
      20-4) ahh them mini comics of yours, I love them as always 8) LOL! Oh gosh this is too hilarious! x"D Ahh I can relate man I can relate TT "you have 2 sheets" <:) (why do you always make me laugh x'D) wait is that Darvan there with the tea and massive load of paperwork or am I wrong...? <8)
      25) How is it "messed up"? You're so good at poses, do you have, like, a dictionary of them or something? ;-; I love the overall mood in this one too, like the expression reflecting pose! I envy your skill man, so good. <3

      Delete
    3. 26) NO oh my gosh this is REALLY good!! :D It makes me feel like I'm in the actual scene there, it's so realistic! I love their expression too, they also look so real! *-* <3 It looks so official, I'd love you to continue with this one for sure! And nope nope nope you can definitely draw humans so well and I'm not hearing that! u_u I really need to ask you what inspires you to draw characters in the middle of action so accurately? (I definitely need to work on that. ;-;)
      27) haha if that were me, I would have got the proportions and anatomy totally off so I applaud your skill in this one!! C': (also my sketches of humans are never as good let alone as creative >.<)
      28/29) Ahhh this is so cute though?? 8D It kind of reminds me of something you might find in a kawaii snow dome haha. xD But mainly because you picked the colours so well - they blend so well together, kind of soft and enlightening! *-* And goshhh the anatomy is freaking gorgeous and so well done, like you can see it flows so perfectly! Goodness I can't even say how much I love this one Hana!! C:>
      30) Ooh the theme here is phenomenal and so well thought-up of - you have such an intriguing imagination! C': I really like the pale pink background mixed witht the purple smoke from the cigarette, it's SO well done!! 8D The mood is also super calm and relaxing~ *-* What inspired you to draw this one? C:

      Ahhhh I don't even know what to say because all of these are so amazing in their own unique way and I can't even express how! :D Once again, I love these characters (extra kudos to Bru and Rolf and you Hana for drawing them so well! <3) and I'd absolutely love to know more about them, they're such unique, imaginative characters! <3 And Hanaaa I'm SUPER sorry it took me ages to comment! I'm so busy with exams at the moment but I'm hoping to catch up with all of your newer posts soon too! I'm so laaaaate ;-;

      Delete
  2. .... Wait.... I commented on this, right?? I swear I have a memory of commenting on this! Didn't I mention how much I loved that little streak you put in Mitternacht's eyebrow?
    Did I just comment on it with a note or something....

    omg now i'm starting to worry that I never commented on this. Do you remember at all? Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa what happened

    --Bru

    ReplyDelete