Tuesday, April 4, 2017

I Wanna Dream

April-May art post. (last post for a while, promise! ;-; I post too much.)

Update 5/22/17: My laptop broke down last Friday, completely I think (had it coming), so I won't be able to be active much or respond to messages or comment often, since I'm stuck using my mom's pc now. ( I dunno, if my brother can't fix it then I may just have to buy a new one or something.) idk i'll update this later I guess, just the point is I won't be very active until this thing works again. it just suddenly froze and then won't turn on anymore at all, so not sure what the deal is. My brother got the hard drive into another computer so I could get all my files and stuff onto a usb before I lose any of it, so that's good. ._. oh well I forgot what I wanted to say
lazy alia

:( sputttyy

i like this more than the one with the background ;-; i kinda like this pose even though i doubt horses can do it naturally haha
It doesn't snow in Okai.

gosh darn, he looks just so good in this mane style i almost want to erase all my work so far with the normal one and draw him in this majestic style instead.
horse-zombie with tumors
first day of April I was sick with fever and muscle cramps and aches and was oh so grumpy, so idk horror and tumors, because of that.
idk man lol
comparison thing :)
i love helmy so much


well i'll be darned.
I found this in my age-old 2015 files that I don't look at anymore. So apparently this is the character I removed from my comic because I had no use for him. His name was Lamm and he was supposed to be an Ashk prince (another of Arawn's half dozen half-siblings) who wanted to become a red guard, but Helm wouldn't let him because he's got royal bloodlines. I like the design, so I may draw him again, but I ain't adding him to the story like my pre-draft suggested haha. Just thought I'd write this, for myself later. Haha and Lenore was supposed to be Arawn's older half-sister? lol naahh. Revising really goes a long way.
Speaking of which I launched the designs on Scratch around late May/ early June 2015, so I've been working on this project almost 2 years now. :') Still proud of it.
                                            Arrow for Glider's birthday last week :)

Nikolas for Spirit's birthday yesterday. I totally failed on this ;-;

hello, handsome :')
dangit man i love this character to pieces.
he makes up for both my favorite characters in my comic. haha if ya know what i mean ;)

my mom said sput's her favorite, it's official.
abomination from hell, by devil

9 year old sahail. he don't look like sahail without the braid though, I forgot to draw it in :/
used a visual ref for this to brush up

i psychopath 

he'd make such a good prince in hair this long, man xD
i'd say it's a bit too long, but still majestic.
also, rain <3

sput and helm 30 sec sketch
this is ugly ugh
yo mr pretty sideburns
side comic, very sketchy. 
godfather helm 
this is canon.

 its genderbend helm. she'd be so darn pretty.


imma whoop you, sahail. 
and so this is how helm knows them kids well, and he don't like sahail that much, because the kid just got on his nerves a lot. 
lenore is uncle's favorite niece yes <3
someday this won't be an ugly wip.
whoops this isn't flipped the right way

red guard messenger mare. comic scrap
well i kinda like her design.

aw arawn :(

no biggie!
lol i sneaked in electricity as a red guard
stoopid electricity.


yo son just try not to give me too much trouble ya hear? im a tired ol guy.
i used a ref for this because i wanted to finish fast but still get a good outcome. cheat.
also, like the ref photo, drew a dished head for once in my life.

its funny i dont remember drawing this
ok, sad arawn.

eh, this didn't make the comic lol

this did. hi sad sput.
quick helm sketches
aw alia :( </3
yo dad
he's kinda a trashhead.

not my chracter

lol pouty len xD
y u hurt him len


i hate background charactersssss

the warrior and the healer
both use light magic, but in different ways
they'd be great friends. planning something for them :)
tried a turnaround wip thing for the amv and idk
i used a ref to help me halfway obviously
 
i messed up on this but oh well
sibs. trying to find better roles for all of them
sahail's still dying though >:( no bypassing that.
epilogue stuff methinks. i had this idea, but i won't spoil it. may make it to the final


lol well ok boys
sketches. also, i may be working on sots pages, just i wont be posting them until i see it going in the right direction ;-;
should be soon, sots'll be back in action! :D
after I'm done with Arawn's story, I'll make a new comic. I dunno if anyone remembers her, but I made up this character a while ago as a "headcanon" like 100 years after Arawn's death, and she can turn void at will (though with limited energy). she works for volke, and his little pirate gang. lol. i think it'd be a good story, but i'm not planning anything for it rn, because i gotta work on sots. :') I love sots. i know, i'm so vain. my life project. the script is coming along quite well, and i tweaked the plot a lot! no major things, just it makes more sense now, and most everything has a purpose, so it may be a bit shorter than the draft (or not tbh lol) I'm SO SO stinkin excited to bring this thing  to life, and i cant wait to show you all! ;-; i just hope it'll turn out how I want it to, with the art and stuff. well, I'm hyped. :')


my favorite chicken, fuzzball, who we've had since november 2011, died yesterday. :( she disappeared and left a lot of feathers. some monster murdered her and took her away. (lol we lost like two other chickens and a big rooster to that thing already, and it's too smart. like, it leaves no tracks. i wanna get it to justice already cause our flock's getting smaller and smaller ;-; poor babies. </3) rip fuzzball. she went through a lot. 6 years is a record for us, cause she's the last of her generation. she outlived her rooster and her daughter. she went through air and 'coon raids, and while all her friends had been killed and taken off by other animals, she held on so far. everyone loved her, she was the queen of the flock and their leader grandma gal. she was still so energetic, even at her age. so cute. i loved her. <3 :') rest in peace fuzzy, you had a good life. now to find a successor. 
 she was a good friend. she helped me build a nest for the other chickens years ago, like I'd put the rags and cozy bedding, and she'd shape it for me so the other chickens'd get eggs in the nest. she liked people and would actually come sit next to you instead of jumping off like the other chickens. she'd let you pet her and pick her up. my brother and i trained her to jump on your arm when you stretched it. we rode on a white horse zahra together once (lol ok ridiculous but it was cute.) i dont want to forget any of that. i know it seems dumb, all for a chicken i mean heck there's billions of chickens, but this one has a special place in my heart. <3 i'll miss her. i love chickens so much. 
ok im so sloppy, im just sad she'd gone, but im also proud of her living so long and being an awesome soulbirdfriend. lol. lovehersomuch.

6/2/17: ok its officially the chicken murder diaries because so far we've lost 6 birds (4 chickens, 2 roosters ;-;) yesterday my brother put down our big ol rooster because something bit into his head, there were puncture wounds in his skull. he was still alive, but his head was HECK blown up and swollen to twice its size and his eyes were swollen and shut too the poor thing. it was creepy. ;-; and a chicken was missing. so whatever's taking them probably bit into the rooster first but the rooster maybe recoiled or jumped away so the whatever it is creature thought that he wasn't worth it and just went for the next chicken instead. ;-; eeeeehh i dunno this is crazy man im getting my head spinning over this thing hah. poor chickens they deserve all the love in the world and all they're gettin is pain and death :( well i mean i know the thing's gotta eat but hey leave my dummies alone you creep. 
ugh.

6/18/17: 8 birds total, chicken carcasses on the roof, still at large
6/20/17: ye i win, finally. sweet justice.

(ok this is the end of this post! I dunno when I'll make the june-july post, probably when I get a new computer because looks like my old one is totally done for. ._. I can't draw too much on my
 mom's computer obviously so it'll be a while before my next post sadly ;-; sighs
yay for the random mini human drawing in the middle of a horse art post xD
welp i had this dumb concept of a pirate captain bargaining with a mermaid and i thought it was cute.
they work together to sink navy ships muahaha.
i dunno if i'll ever expand on this.

11 comments:

  1. Ugh, sorry about your laptop! D: I know how that feels. Really glad you got your files, though! I hope you're able to fix/replace it soon!

    --Bru

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bru! ;-; And lol I know - I remember when it happened to you! xD yep working on it <:D

      Delete
  2. Goodness I'm so sorry, I hadn't seen this and didn't know about your laptop! D: Ahh that must be such a nuisance, I hope you manage sort it out!! <3 On the plus side it's a really good thing you managed to save your files - do you back them up regularly though? <:) (I almost lost a whole story I'd worked on once because I'd only saved it in one place, so my dad told me to keep backing up art/story files on the cloud and on a memory stick... although I am a bit lazy about it sometimes because it takes time haha. xD It's definitely worth it though! ;-;) I totally understand about you not being able to be active much - don't pressure yourself! ^^

    Okay I wanted to say... ah gosh I really don't know how to say it. I'm extremely sorry about Fuzzball! <3

    I feel like this comment is getting really long already haha. Anyway, I wanted to say that I've realised that maybe it would be better if I commented on this post first before the others because it's more recent? Idk it's just I'm super out of date and I feel like maybe you'd prefer it if I commented here before the others lol~ And I really think I should keep up with your comic too since you appear to be working on it really hard and I'm loving your progress so much!! C: (gosh I wish I was more organised like that but I just can't ever get round to finishing things, I congratulate you on that!! ;-;) ahh apologies if this comment is so long, I shouldn't be spamming! >.<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. omg I'm actyually crying my eyes out laghing rn x'D
      blogger y u do this? wait let me try again omg where's the delete button i'm so embarrassed ;-;

      Okay I wanted to say... ah gosh I really don't know how to say it. I'm extremely sorry about Fuzzball! <3 She sounds like she was a super sweet chicken and I know it must feel awful. ;-; They say it's more about the way animals live life rather than the amount of years they live and she sounds like she lived it so well! :D Also I don't think it's dumb at all, you can create a strong bond with any animal (I mean, I like ants and I know that's crazy but?? xD). And 6 years is so good for a chicken! <3

      Delete
    3. Why am I like this? ;-; (it was that slash button which I had to take away TT)

      Delete
    4. Haha it's fine man! xD Gosh I haven't replied to my Blogger comments in AGES.
      ;-; and yes we're still sorting it out - I can't seem to find a good laptop with good graphics
      and memory to make art with lol but it's ok
      i honestly don't back up my files at all which is why i quickly post things on sites. xD
      Aww dang. Dang that must have felt awful. :( a WHOLE story?? And you didn't put it anywhere, like share it?
      (That's the good thing about blogs and stuff, you can backup things there xD) ugh that must have been a total waste though </3

      and no man it's fine! I don't really mind, I mean I've seen at least 20 chickens die ;-; They die too fast these
      poor things, so now I'm at a point where I don't care anymore. "oh another dead one? Nice, what happened?"
      LOL. xD But thank you! She DID mean something to me - but it's fine. xD

      And gossh thank you so much you don't have to comment on theeese ;-; eep stop
      and no I've stopped working on my comic - but you can bet I'll get back to it soon xD
      thank you SO dang much man!! (no - you're pretty organised, you just don't post as much as
      you should! xD)
      and lol it is!!

      please don't bottthhherr ugh stupid blogger deleting comments again (ok but it deleted every single comment on my older posts?
      LIKE STUPID BLOGGER I LOVED THOSE COMMENTS HOW DARE YOU?! oh well, that's blogger for you. lol)
      And about Fuzzy, yup! xD Omg you like ants?? D:< Honey ants are the worst - people die from ants. lol
      do you have fireants where you live, or are they just a florida abomination?
      america is deadly man xDD
      and yup! LOL. wait you dont crush ants when they're in your sink or kitchen or anything?

      its fine mann also dont bother commenting on this ;-;

      Delete
  3. Your quick Helm sketches are more than just "quick"! He has so much expression in these and I love his character to bits omg. ;-;
    As for the "not my character" part there, whoa, those drawings look both spectacular and sinister and I love how you've enhanced that playful/eerie look! (+1 to the person who owns this character too! <3)
    Ahhh Lenore and Odin! (they're a ship aren't they? ;-;) Aww they both look so cute... and sad welp. *sigh* you and your fabulous characters, I'm jealous.
    The "Hay" poster there is phenomenal! Is it a cover for one of the chapters? Ahh so good!! The hay against the sky has an interesting effect... and pardon me if I'm wrong, but I think that's Sputty there. xD Love it!
    Hana, your sketches are so pretty! (I wish I could physically do this man.) I love how you're practising variations of poses with refs... something I should be doing atm lol. Amazing work! <3
    Interactions between Lenore and Alia? Heck YES! They'd make such an awesome team or something... and light magic! How cool is that! :D (I'm getting super excited! xD) I love how this picture depicts them as the warrior and the healer too - two contrasting yet beautiful concepts when put together. <3
    Gosh I'd never be able to draw up an animation this amazing! ;-; The fact that you physically animated a horse 3D is incredible though! Loving your animations btw! *-*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The three siblings in a picture together is something! xD Here, grouped together, it's super cool because you can see the variations in their coat colours... which brings me to a question actually, do you always use exactly the same shade of colour for each character (like, #ffff00 or #9932CC) or do you pick a colour each time that closest to what it usually is? xD (Because the colours are always so accurate in your drawings! ;-;) These three all look so good together btw. <3
      Ahh Sputnik!! I love the pose, it's spot on! Also love the way his mane follows the breeze. 8)
      Ooh more Lenore and Alia! Omigosh, I love this idea and totally support! It looks... both creepy but intriguing! >8) They looked possessed aahh. If you explain what exactly is happening here would that be a spoiler...? <8)
      Love these sketches! The one of Helm especially bc he looks handsome lol. I really like how your lineart and colour are super clean in that one - I envy your ability to do that! >.<
      >>> "she works for volke, and his little pirate gang" <<< OMG YES GURL DO IT I'M SO EXCITED FOR YOU!! AAH of course I remember this character (mainly because I'm suddenly looking at all of your posts in one go haha) and I love her! I absolutely think she has a ton of potential and would work perfectly with Volke yes do it!! :D After SotS that is! (thing is, I'd really miss SotS still when that moment comes, but I guess it's one or the other ;-;) I'm glad to hear the script is going well! <3 Yasss I'm also hyped for you! xD Back to the picture as well, I love how you've drawn her in different phases - from skeleton to real! Not to mention, her design really has those awesome pirate/bandit vibes! Looking forward to her coming to life and I'm super happy you decided to stick with her! :D
      aww the story of Fuzzball is still so heart-breaking. ;-; <3 I still have to reply to you down there, but how's the flock right now? And about your extra edit there, 6/20, omg what happened exactly? xD
      Wow, I love this idea! A captain bargaining with a mermaid! Sounds super cool! Omg and they sink navy ships haha. x'D It'd be cool if you expanded on this - all ideas have potential! (I feel like I've already said that welp.) The picture looks so cute! C:

      Delete
  4. (Oh no I did it again and didn't post from the beginning augghh >.<)

    Aha I'm finally commenting on this one. Also how's your laptop now? <:) (once again I'm super sorry if I don't comment on everything/don't write the best of comments ;-;)

    Yay, lazy Alia! xDD Her pose is super unique btw! Is that a halo lol? xD "eh" "i'll just lie here don't mind me"
    Wow I love the "It doesn't snow in Okai" one! Helm looks great backed up against the glowing background and also his expression matches the quote haha! xD And omg his hair! It looks so knight-in-shining-armour-ish LOL! It still even looks like him, change of mane or not. (*cough* guess you can't always keep yer goodies mate ;-; *cough*)
    Whoa in that comparison thing there, are you comparing your progress over the months? Amazing!!
    You're always great at inserting those horror vibes in your artwork, Hana. <:) Actually I really like this, it looks so Dia de los Muertos style! The black and white theme too ahh. (Ouch, that must've sucked! But you got a drawing out of it on the bright side! :D)
    Wait, Helm has half a dozen siblings? Welp, another thing I didn't know. ;-; Ahh I guess you can't always keep every character (I know what you mean there, I have several characters I've decided on ditching in my story because they also have good designs but just don't have any good use xD)! I love his design though, super cool!! (Lenore as Arawn's older half-sister would be interesting omg) Yayy happy 2 years Hana!! :'D (gosh time flies, I remember it like yesterday o.o)
    Whoa those gifts are both amazing! I love how you've enhanced those golden features on Arrow and the pose looks so spirited too! Wow what do you call a part-human, part-deer I wonder? xD (I was going to mention centaur but then I realised haha) This is so awesome! I didn't know you could draw deer too! ;-; So beautiful! <3
    Hm by "he makes up for both my favorite characters in my comic" I'm guessing you mean... Helm and Sputnik? =_O Haha omigosh his flowing hair again! xD (welp he looks so handsome here how do I even say it?)
    Woot, I second your mum's opinion!! (okay mom if you prefer it the American way lol x'D) my shadowy bby sputnik <3
    Omg you did that dA April Fools Biting Pear of Salamanca challenge thing! (i totally didn't just look that up) This looks both creepy and fantastic! I love their expressions. xD (also that cute baby pear in the corner there welp, kawaii ;-;) How did you come up with the overall idea for this picture though? :D (and!! she does it again to impress me by proving she can draw biting pear of salamancas or whatever they're called again) The shading is, like, superior though...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (long-hair!helm again?!) Yes indeed it would be nice to have a horse version of Rance :) ... (:') oh gosh I'm really doing my best not to laugh okay? x'D But his hair really does look prince-worthy!!)
      take care of my children he said. it will be fun he said. LOL this is both too pure and hilarious for me! x'D Poor Helm gosh. "Thanks! You're a lifesaver." Lifesaver!Helm is best Helm... brings a tear to my eye 8') (lol omg jk) ... Haha anyway laughter asides, Lenore and Sahail are such cuties here! Like Sahail being... well, Sahail. ;-; Oh Helm is so handsome with petals in his hair. C': Gorgeous panels too, I love the way you blend those grass and sky elements!
      Looks like it's Helm's lucky day. <8) I mean omg no, seriously, he's being spoiled by you! >8( (in a good way, in a good way) but like, first long-hair!Helm, then lifesaver!Helm and now genderbend!Helm! (I don't know why but I find this so funny. xD) Hm what would a female name for Helm be? Uhhh... Helma? Helena? (gosh jk) Also I'm Lenore in that picture. C: (Ahh wait I'm suddenly reminded by that picture you drew where it was like "for the party, sir" "ah ok" or something, remember? x'D)
      Ugly wip? What are you talking about? This is beautiful! u_u And it conveys a lot of emotion too ahhh... my lovely Sputty. <3
      Ooh I love the design for the messenger mare there! She looks super pretty and seems to have an interesting role too! :D If she's a scrap does that mean you're abandoning her design? (If you do, did you at least ever come up with a name for her because I love her already? ;-;)
      Electricity as a red guard! xD I love it when you draw him as a character in your comic/just draw him in general in your style! His russet coat is so charming, really goes with the label! ;-;
      Wow that drawing of Helm poking behind Arawn looks so official-poster-ish! ;-; LOL Helm's smh/sighing expression is gold! xD poor arawn! <3 (*deep manly voice* these times are tough son, please i'm old ... nvm what am i saying gosh)
      Oh my I love those designs of that character there! :D (I don't know the name! D:) Those beautiful blue patterns against the jet-black look like Native American designs or even cyber-like/futuristic! *-* The poses are spot on too! (Mind if I ask who this character is btw? I love them!)
      sad arawn? why would you do this to me? ;-; Omg he looks so hurt! TT (why are you so good at drawing so many emotional expressions? ;-;)
      Wow that ground-level view is stunning! :D It's a shame it didn't make the comic. ;-; (wait who's this? I might have an idea in my head the way you've drawn the mane but I can't quite say yet!) The perspective is just... breath-taking.

      Delete